View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:35 PM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by shrsailplanes View Post
I had an April 15 interview date and sim ride and then COVID hit. Provided netjets doesn’t flush the applicants, I’m going to interview in a few years when they call me. I would love to fly left seat, not just for the pay, but to have that feeling of accomplishment. I know it’s not gonna happen, so quality of life is more important. I commute to work and would commute for the rest of my career because of where I live. That alone makes netjets leaps and bounds better. Pay would always be way better even as a career FO and the benefits are not even comparable. Netjets is way better. So, it’s just sit and wait and try not to get furloughed.
I don't think it will take that long unless you bomb the interview. This profession is all about luck. Most of us have been or will be furloughed from a flying job or have an employer go under or get rid of their airplane at some point. Some of us have had all those things. I have flown with a pilot who had been furloughed at other jobs 16 times. I flew with another who had flown for Eastern, Braniff, and the original National airlines before ending up at NetJets where he retired about a decade ago around age 80. I also fly with some guys now who got hired at NetJets in their early 20s and have been with the company for more than half their life and are now captains on the Global under age 50. They had no idea what the job would eventually become when they started or how good it would get for them. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk