View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Seneca Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by atooraya View Post
Ok so are you posting this to prove that the system works and frauds are arrested and convicted? Or do you think an ID would stop people from voting twice or changing ballots signatures?
I posted it to show that voter fraud does happen and would be a much bigger problem if we didn't take measures to prevent it.

I am asking the questions to get you to consider the reasons why people don't have ID's. Getting an ID is not a barrier to anyone who truly wants to be a member of our society and vote. It may be an inconvenience, it may carry a small cost, but it isn't a barrier unless that person isn't really all that concerned about voting in the first place.

It is not the Jim crow south. There are no poll taxes, literacy tests, or requirements to own property to vote but it is not unreasonable to ask a prospective voter to prove their identity. In my state there is no ID requirement. If you know my name and my precinct you can literally go and vote for me. In other words you could go and commit voter fraud and no one would know because they can't even ask you for an ID.