Old 10-09-2020, 11:13 PM
TillerTemptress
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
Not sure this can be mandated without some exceptions made. As an example, I cannot get a flu shot ever because of a previous health issue back in high school. COVID-19 is in a family of viruses that include the flu from what I understand. That raises the question for me if I am restricted from getting the COVID-19 vaccine as well. I don't know the answer.
It's not in the same family of viruses at all, flu is influenza, covid-19 is a coronavirus, the two are nothing alike outside of the respiratory symptoms. Most of the vaccines they are working on aren't your typical vaccines either, they are using mRNA to get your cells to create their own antibodies (rather than injecting you with weakened or dead virus like most typical vaccines.). So, I wouldn't assume that you can't get it. However, if you truly can't get and UA's doctor agrees, I doubt there'd be any issue for you. Now there will be some antivaxxers that don't want to get it and make themselves a homemade certificate against government invention and that's a different story entirely...