View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:34 AM
NewGuy01
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
The two of you said 6 months ago we would already have furloughed people but instead the company was one of the first to offer IL’s meanwhile our coworkers at other airlines have been furloughed or agreed to TA’s that cut their credit by half to mitigate a furlough. Maybe we do furlough but in the meantime you’re still here, still working, still getting paid your full credit and yet you whine. We get it you wanted to stay home and get paid 50 hours who wouldn’t it’s an amazing deal that’s probably once in our careers but to say the system is unfair because you supposedly had a good job lined up and we’re going to get to do some double dipping and then it didn’t happen is pretty disingenuous of what’s really going on. Everybody here wants scope unfortunately that’s not going to happen for awhile but spouting off nonsense about how there getting rid of 700’s and not replacing them and oooo 195’s are coming to Horizon... wait til it happens until then it’s just useless crying.

You’re putting a lot of words in my mouth. Changing careers takes time. The difference between an EIL and LOA is massive. I never said a peep about fair. I just said that it’s a shame furloughs are being talked about again for next year. I lost a job opportunity due to the company not awarding EILs to the pilots that applied despite there being a 45 day return clause. Hindsight being 2020 should I have taken the LOA, absolutely. Repeated company messaging about far more awards than posted will be offered got me. My bad.

It’s also odd that because of the way they were bid and the system bid that followed immediately after there are pilots jr to me that are on an EIL, in my base. I thought seniority was everything but I have a mixed 91/121/135 background and it seems like there is an exception to every rule. But you’re the one touting seniority and how I’m jr...

The company lost 431 million last quarter, despite nearly 400 million in payroll protection money. Cash burn zero isn’t happening without some massive changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk