View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 04:36 PM
firefighterplt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

These guys are on the right track.

The reason they seem like they’re up your ass is because they’re thinking like the FAA. Example:

You have low testosterone. You go to an endocrinologist and he confirms you have low T, diagnoses you with secondary hypogonadism. Puts you on testosterone injections. You get the meds dialed in and you feel great.

You let the feds know, and they pull your medical. They want a handful of tests, including an MRI of the head. Why? Who cares if you had some libido issues? That doesn’t influence your ability to fly, right? You’d be correct. What gives, right? Stay out of my pants and give me my medical!

What they’re concerned about isn’t your testosterone levels, or even how you react to the med—they want to know WHY your testes aren’t receiving the proper signaling to produce testosterone. Could be many things, INCLUDING pituitary tumor. THAT could be a problem in the airplane...

Think about it. There are people with a glass eye who fly airplanes. Clearly, field of vision isn’t THAT big of a deal. But when it’s secondary to a traumatic brain injury, the FAA wants to know absolutely everything that happened, soup to nuts.