Thread: TSA Numbers
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 06:15 AM
senecacaptain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by Soxfan1 View Post
I think you might be underselling “weekdays”. Yes Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s are currently in the 30-35 range, and since they are still at the low end of that range, future weeks should see them still in that range.

But Monday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s are already in the 35-40 range - and have been consistently since Oct 8th. So if you are saying you expect 30-35 for those 3 days, you are predicting a decline?

I do agree on your point of weekends exceeding 40%. We are very close.

I think grouping all 5 weekdays together is problematic - it’s seems like M/Th/F is in the middle of the pack - better than Tu/W, worse than S/S - in terms of % of last year. But yes you are right on where Tue/Wed and Sat/Sun are and will be in the coming week. I just think you are not giving M/Th/F enough credit.
I personally think Fridays are hard to "label", return business travel that day, and outbound "got Friday off" leisure travel. In some aspects, Friday should be the biggest day of the week

no predictions. my crystal ball broke a long time ago. my opinions yes, in line with APC heated discussions.