View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:53 AM
colive10
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: BE-1900 Captain

Originally Posted by Bahamasflyer View Post
Like many others at the regionals, I’m plugging away at my 4 year degree online and have just a few classes remaining. Of course, not a lot of career destination airlines are hiring, but it’s best certainly to update frequently especially if attaining a significant milestone....

So anyway....just when can you check the box? Is it after completing your final exam in your final course? After receiving your final grade in your last class, or not until actually in receipt of your diploma?

To play it safe I’d say the last of those 3, but of course if allowed earlier, I’d jump on it because you just never know when the phone will ring.

Thoughts?
You will have an official graduation date from your school. It will be the same as what's printed on your diploma (degree). On and after this date you can say you have your degree. Claiming you have a degree before this date is technically false, and although a degree may be required for a particular job I would say most companies care much more about total honesty than if you have a degree or not. Just wait till the official date of graduation, not worth it to do otherwise.