Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 03:47 PM
captnate702
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Calling people snowflakes! Wow, how original! Excellent rebuttal! You just come up with that one pops? As usual, those who call others snowflakes are the first and most offended, like you, now.

My heart bleeds that you had to fly the Shady 80 to podunk for $80 an hour. It was probably a great opportunity for you at the time though. You certainly knew what you were getting into. Typically, you're just another senior person who thinks everyone else should suffer because you did. Yawn. I'm betting you did none of this, and you're just another little management troll here to lower expectations. captnate702, is that you?

Those of us who came here after 2012 have different career expectations. I will enjoy my Teamsters contract and my Airbus Aircraft. Deal with it, snowflake.

All you did was prove my point. Now climb out from under Maury's desk and take a breath.
Wow... no need to get so personal. So now everybody that disagrees with you is a management troll (like myself) or $&#*!%& Maury's @!%#? Give it a break and calm down.

If you came here after 2012 then you also know what you signed up for. You accuse us of being pathetic, complacent low-lifes without the stones to go somewhere else. What about you? You knew what management was all about when they rolled Merlot w/o even thinking to discuss it with us. That was a total disaster by management and their solution was CBI - why didn't you leave then? You were here during the negotiations and saw how difficult it was to get our contract on property. Why are you still here? Why didn't you leave?

I for one, do actually like sleeping in my own bed night (especially with the 80 gone). I value time with my family and loath the idea of commuting to work at this airline because it just wouldn't work for me.

Are there problems here with management, absolutely and as long as Maury and his cronies are breathing we will continue to have problems. But that doesn't mean there aren't very legitimate reasons to work here. Don't forget, we were middle of the industry for Airbus 320 compensation with our contract. There is no doubt that we will, at a minimum, jump F9 and NK when we negotiate our next contract. So there are plenty of reasons why a pilot might choose to work here. Even if this is the last place you'd want to be, pilots will come here because the aftermath of the pandemic is going to last until at least 2025, probably til 2028. There will be more pilots than job openings so all this doom gloom about why would anybody with a half a brain want to come and work; and the company is never gonna be able to fill another class is hot air and ignores the reality of this place and the industry at large.