Thread: Hiring
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 12:46 PM
pangolin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
Id rather be gainfully employed as a regional captain than a couple years into a major hoping to get on right seat flying a king air or a citation mustang for John Does Chevy dealer or back to flying around air China students all day for less than half my previous salary. That’s just me.
I did CFI. Liked that work. I've done plane sales. Hated that. I've done Corporate. You do everything (better now days I'm sure but still cater, bag boy, lav cleaner, flight planner). I've done corporate where they want you to stay an extra day or change destinations on the fly. I've done 135 with endless waiting in the FBO for the client to return for the flight back. I've done 135 cargo. Night in ice in a seneca or 421. I've done the non flying IT gig - for years. By far and away the airline flying is the best. Left seat even better. I'd stay even if downgraded. Even reserve commuting is better than the IT job slog and the on call and problems following you around. Fly your trip. Be done. That's it. Have fun, have some fun with your crew, get some sleep, go home. It's a great gig. Even at a **** hole regional.