Old 10-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Puck Hawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
I get this point, and I also think it's frustrating when you see "Hiring" signs all over yet people are collecting unemployment. I agree with your sentiment, but I think this frustration may be misplaced.

For discussion's sake is it better for the government to bail-out and support businesses that make bad decisions? Is a methed-out dude abusing disability and welfare worse than what we see from major airlines and other companies asking for repeated bailouts? In either situation we're bankrolling dysfunction. I doubt the meth-head has any offshore accounts in tax havens. Most likely the meth-head is going to spend the money at the local stores. The meth-head definitely isn't going to support potential adversary governments or assist in building-out Chinese connections to S. America (All Chinese firms are required to follow CCP directives).

There's about 145 million tax-payers in the US. That mean all of us who pay taxes gave just one profitable ACMI company a little more than two bucks. I'd rather see my two bucks spent on a new telescope, nuclear reactor or something.
A new telescope, nuclear reactor....or a BONUS for all the hard work the ACMI’s have done this year.