View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 05:19 PM
pangolin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by STLPilotGod View Post
I don't see how posting a link to a factual news story shows an agenda earning your attacks. As the people above me point out, you seem to be the one with an agenda, an agenda to defend GoJet, probably the most undependable company in the country. A company that, when it finds out that someone has cancer, its first act is to give the person a checkride so it can then fire the person and save 200k in cancer treatment.

If you are now GJ management I understand you want to encourage people to stay and fly the planes so it doesn't have to close earlier than it needs to. Neither Compass or TSA made it to the date they said it would. But there is no way in hell that GJ is going to survive this and is a person has a chance to jump to another airline they should not wait around hoping that some miracle comes and saves GJ. A GJ miracle would be one that keeps it going another year or 2, but in the end the patient is still dead and buried.
GJ may still get Mesa's CRJ 700s. This money would allow them to convert them and then they would make more income (assuming their flying returns) and make the lease payments. The announced deal for Mesa was that UA would guarantee the lease payments.

The people who get stuck on "Another united express carrier": Skywest is a UAX carrier. Leasing to "another" uax carrier is accurate and correct and does NOT mean it's OTHER than GJ.