Thread: Iah ame

Setopbug , 11-11-2020 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Setopbug
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2013
Andy Davis in Conroe is a really nice guy with a great staff.

Victor Arellano on the West side (Copperfield) is also really good. He's a pilot, owned a Baron for years and does some part 91 SIC stuff.

Rosalyn Baty on the West side (Bear Creek) is also nice, she's hard to get a hold of, not a good last-minute option. She's black and a woman, as such I think I was one of the few airline guys she saw on a regular basis. Rosalyn was an American Airlines doc, up at their training center in DFW, who now mostly specializes in insurance stuff with a smattering of AME on the side.

Both Victor and Rosalyn are about a 35 minute drive from IAH, Andy is one hour plus.

If you've got something in the gray area you're hoping to avoid the AME noticing or being concerned about, Victor strikes me as probably being pretty lenient. (No personal experience, just a hunch.) Andy and Rosalyn are both right-down-the-middle sort of flight surgeons, Rosalyn does test for hearing, so avoid her unless you don't mind finding out about any hearing loss.

No idea how any of them are with special issuance, none are board certified and none attend the CAMI conferences. There's a retired Army Doc in Katy I saw once who strikes me as that kind of dude, he was pretty cool, fun to talk to and knows his way around aerospace medicine. Totally forget his name.