View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Rocket Man
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2005

I agree that many illegal aliens may be honest, hard-working people who just want a better life for themselves and their families. However, our country cannot afford to continue to accept the world's poor. Mexico has already exported approximately 10% of it's population via illegal immigration.

While they may pay sales tax, the majority do not pay income or social security taxes. The social services many require is having a devastating effect on the treasury and quality of life of US citizens/legal residents is going down the toilet. Living in SoCal, I see firsthand what illegal immigration is doing to our state and country. Schools, emergency rooms, transportation infrastructure, etc are all overwhelmed.

What really ticks me off is seeing many of these folks carrying flags from foreign countries while demanding rights in our country. If we grant legal status to any of these illegals, we will never solve the problem. We will have this same debate in another 10 to 15 years.

Mass deportation is not a realistic option. Throw some CEO's in jail for hiring illegals and the problem will go away real quick. If there are no jobs, most will go home.