View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 05:27 AM
DontLookDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
And, I think you are pretty much wrong about everything else too, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. It’s not like the airlines have a long track record of dealing with COVID.

I’m wrong that unemployed pilots have to look for other work? And that if they find the right job they may stay there?

I’m wrong that people with wet commercial certificates are going to have a hell of a time reaching ATP minimums?

I’m wrong to assume that people in this thread (with firefighter or law enforcement backgrounds) are still going to be eager to jump ship and retire early?

With low entry pay and slow upgrades, a big city fireman would be leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars of career earnings on the table (as well as job security) in order to fly for a regional.

As stated before, my main point was that as soon as regionals start hiring they are going to get flooded with applicants who only have flying backgrounds and never found other jobs. A lot of 2,500 hour CFI’s will be applying. I don’t think too many other people will be eager to give up stability and good pay to fly for a regional (including military aviators- regardless of if they have served their 8 years or not).

I could be wrong. As you mentioned, we’re all entitled to our opinions. Time will tell.