View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 06:25 AM
dremaldent
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Finessed View Post
Both Delta AND UNITED have claimed the 50 seater is dead, and this time I find it hard to believe they’re bluffing. Specific regional airlines management have been tight lipped, but something is going on behind the scenes and I think it’s based around the 175 taking over. I have no idea what happens to Air Wisconsin but history shows you guys always survive. I find it hard to believe it will be in a 200 for 5-10 years, IMO.
I think 50 seaters will go away as they said, but making any reduction in 50 seat flying during the pandemic is a bad move imo. I think they're going to wait until after things calm down a little bit and we see passenger numbers returning to normal before they switch them out.

That being said, Air Wisconsin is making some interesting pushes to hire additional flight attendants. Some of that is due to attrition, but they seem to be growing the amount of FAs needed overall. That combined with the addition mechanics that they are looking for now seems to point to the possibility of the company strongly believing that a 700 deal will be met.

You're right that Air Wis always finds a way to survive. I think the company leaders have a very solid plan in place that they don't want to show publicly yet for whatever reason. At the very least, they are making moves that are consistent with plans to continue operations well after the pandemic.