View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 07:31 AM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
No one hijacked anything. The vote was 13-7, not even close. For whatever reason, I haven't a clue, our Reps decided to go in a different direction. I find it very, very hard to believe the MEC could get behind anyone who supported TA-1. TA-1 was pretty lame but this is not the end of the world.

A few months back you said something like DAL was going all in or scorched earth on furloughs and I told you it was too early to pass judgement on furloughs. Same deal here - something is going on but I doubt it is 13 Reps planning a surrender party. I would say almost all of our Reps want the same thing - the best deal they can get for the DAL Pilots but they often disagree on how to get there. I personally thought Ryan was doing a great job but our reps obviously are privy to a lot that we don't see so lets all just calm down and give it some time.

One final though,t while I am concerned with a Yes TA-1 voter I also have issues with Reps who voted No on TA-2. Who knows where we would be now if TA-2 failed, Hell we could still be operating on C 2012.

Scoop
2558 got the furlough letters, including myself. If that wasn't going scorched earth then I don't know what is.

Our union did a good job staving that off and working thru the LOAs. I am sure the kompany was shocked at the VEOP take rate - probably still to this day. I still believe they want to be a smaller airline at the end of this - but that's just a theory.

I've only been around Malone, Bartels, Shnitzler and now Ambrosio (sorry if I misspelled his name). Your experience is obviously more since you've been here longer.

I am honest about my feelings and experience with 44. They are too much like management. I often asked them if they were. My skepticism will remain high though. Hopefully, like you and one other have said, the LECs are driving the fight and the MEC is just a mouthpiece.