View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Honesty is good. You may be spot on with C-44 - but 9 other Reps voted too.

When you compare required by law furlough letters with actual furloughs you are displaying a lack of historical knowledge about what has happened in the recent past.

If that wasn't going scorched earth then I don't know what is.

Really? Let me give you a little help. How about 500 actual furloughs early to mid 90s. How about 1310 furloughs post 9-11? Some of which lasted 5+ years. 1310, by the way just from the DAL side - hundreds more on the NW side.

You make many good arguments on here, but if you keep doubling down on furlough letters being scorched earth you will lose credibility.

Scoop
They issued the letter by law; not to 200, not 500, not 1300, but 2558. Which telegraphed their intent to furlough that many. Poker? Probably. Still the fact is 2558 were sent. Had 1806 not taken the VEOP how many furloughs would have happened? We'll never know will we.

The play by the union was pretty solid from April onward. It got us turning room to get to VEOP and then the LOA's. Too bad April went down like it did with SILs, and MOAB timing, but the union executed in good faith on the re-bid.

I'm not sure how to take the credibility comment. I don't seek it from an anonymous forum. I'm just posting my thoughts and the way I view things.