View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:49 AM
beernutt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Gramercy Riffs

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Am I not involved as a member? I pay dues. That is my entrance fee. I get a say, just as you do.

If it is titular position, than why the concern? If RS is executing the will of the LECs, then that fits your definition doesn't it?

The power grab though would tell me that you are wrong. That the MEC chair and vice actually have some influences. I don't think it as simple as you lay out.

Also, don't patronize me like your are talking to your child. See your comment "If you’ve ever been involved in ALPA in an elected or appointed position you would know..."
As Buck pointed out, the key words in my statement were ‘in an elected or appointed position’. If you ever had been then you would be more aware of the power structure in our Association because you would have seen it operate from an insider’s viewpoint. I assumed you had not, so I was letting you know kind of how it works. Nothing more. If you interpreted that as patronizing that’s on you for not reading and understanding the sentence.

The rest of your reply, including where you told me I was wrong, has been refuted by others in this conversation. Additionally, I never said the MEC chair had no influence. I said his position was largely titular. Not the same thing.

Since you came looking for it, here’s some patronization, some might call it helpful advice - you would do well to spend more time in the receive mode vs transmit.

Last edited by beernutt; 11-19-2020 at 10:10 AM.