View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 05:54 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Ave8tor218 View Post
Oops, didn’t clarify that properly in my original post. The max speed of the current flap setting, and the min maneuver for the following flap setting are that close. Flaps 5 Max is 245, and min maneuver for flaps 1 at MTOW is usually around 245. So if you retract flaps early to keep from hitting the zipper, but don’t have the trending airspeed it’s not hard to end up below the min maneuver. Normal case wouldn’t be that big of a deal, but couple that with being distracted or something not being programmed correctly and could lead to issues
Speculating on obvious faults is natural. I wonder about the same things everyone else has mentioned too. I get it.

This speculation predisposes us to ignore the insidious factors that got the crew into whatever happened, though. Perhaps we are all better served by letting the review of this event take place and gleaning what we can from a more thorough picture.

Also these guys are having a bad enough time already. If we won't get accurate insights through speculation we might as well avoid dragging our brethren through the rocks publicly.