Thread: Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:33 AM
prex8390
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by jcool734 View Post
I understand what your saying I’m just going off what I was told by someone in the office. FA are being hired at 30 a month for at least 4-6 months and pilots hiring will resume in 2021 for sure just not sure if a date yet do something must be in the pipeline. I would imagine they would replace the 200s with 900s unless they delay the retirement of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a massive difference between our pilots and flight attendants. Their attrition rate compared to ours is astronomical. You’re considered “senior” here if you make it to 6 months on property as FA. It may have gotten a little better because they have changed their hiring practices especially New York but our flight attendant still quit left and right. We legit have people quitting on OE.

C tower rumors aren’t as legit as you may think. In the last 2 years we were supposed to be flying out of SLC, LAX base, 175s etc etc etc. All rumors from “legit sources in the c tower”. I was told straight faced we were gonna be doing St Thomas and Mexico turns by someone on the negotiating committee.

You need to take a look at the state of the industry and tell me if you think we are gonna be hiring any time soon. American is probably gonna go bankrupt again. Our belt has been tightened, think of 2021 as 2002/2003 in terms of the airline industry.

We aren’t growing our fleet any time soon. Delta made it clear they’re coming out of this a smaller company. Cut capacity is what they’re gonna doe and not throw all their flying back to RJs like after 9/11.

Last edited by prex8390; 11-23-2020 at 05:44 AM.