Old 02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Freightpuppy
Freightmama!

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
Honestly, I don't believe that he is trying to stir up trouble. With all of the growth in the international arena and with the rumor of only hiring 50 people this year, the competition is going to be stiff. It would only make sense that the most competitive candidates would and should come from an international heavy-jet background.

I have perused the regional board, and no offense to commuter pilots, but based on the vast majority of the posts that I read there is a serious lack of maturity among many of the pilots. The impression they give is that they are nothing but high-school punks who think that they are just "way to cool" because they are flying the RJ.

I take it that's what you had when you started....international, heavy jet, eh?

I know what you mean....I've flown with some knuckleheads that don't belong in a turboprop, let alone flying into Clark in the middle of the night in an MD-11, but don't bunch all of them into the same category. I've flown with and am friends with quite a few regional guys/gals that would do better flying international at UPS than some goofballs I have seen that already have "international experience".