View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:29 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Unions at regionals are fine, I'm not opposed I just recognize their severe limitations. Fundamentally conditions at regionals are determined by management and market forces, not unions. If a regional union actually gets too far ahead of the curve, they'll be gone within a few short years. When I was a noob the best regionals (where people most wanted to work) were comair, xjt, and skywest. I live in the west.

We lost a few to covid... how long after covid until a couple new ones start up? They'll vote in a union soon enough and start the long climb out of the startup hole.

I guess we measure the good unions do in a different way. I listed a partial list of what a union does for pilots. None of that turns into bad things just because a few regionals go away. Thousands of pilots at now failed airlines have been helped throughout the decades because of their union. Their managements’ decisions and or economic realities doesn’t make the help they do for the pilots any less impactful to them. If those unions didn’t exist, they couldn’t provide the services they did and still do provide.