View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 06:42 PM
GucciBoy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Fetal

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux View Post
Is "death" a serious side effect?

Old articles about original Moderna vaccine had at least one fatality. See: The Google.

Then again: The CDC and the FDA look at percentages. I suspect the short term serious side effects are probably within normal vaccine parameters. No vaccine, no medicine, and no medical procedure is without risk.

If you trust your government without question regarding health care decisions, go look up the Tuskegee Syphilis Trials. 'Nuf said. Unless you think your US gov has become more transparent, more altruistic, and more honest.

Personally very concerned about a completely new type of vaccine: the mRNA vaccine. I don't understand the nuances (to say the least); I do understand that it's new, it's rushed, and there are ZERO longitudinal studies on mRNA vaccines in humans. The death rate on Covid is under 1%, and mostly for fat, OLD non-Asian types. What's the rush?

There are at least two conversations in this thread:

1. What gets the flying public back quickest?
2. What is my personal risk for this disease, and should I be concerned about the vaccine?

I've no answers. I'll pass if I can. As I understand it, the vaccine only confers limited immunity: you'll still get sick, only less so.

That death was in the placebo group. The death was from COVID, not the vaccine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upw...ial-2649085594