Thread: Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:04 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
I'm telling you we are at least a year away from pilots getting it. FAA is looking hard at it right now.
Othe countries will mandate a vaccine for inbound aliens, including crew. The FAA will have to hurry up, unless they actually have good reason to disapprove. I'm guessing that will start mid 2021?

Some of the side effects are pretty server, to include death.
The death I read about turned out to be a placebo recipient... so that's a pretty bad vaccine, if just *thinking* you *might* have got it kills you

Even if someone in the trials died, so what? There are literally hundreds of thousands of people in those trials and sometimes people die.

So pretty much take it at your own risk. DAL is going to be hard pressed to force this on us (I think EEOC is looking at this as well) - especially when the first pilot has serious deleterious side effects from it. Mark my words, that will happen. We better have a plan like some of the other posters discussed.
It's not DAL you have to worry about, it's the governments of all the places you fly to. Even if most don't mandate it for their own citizens, it's a no-brainer to require the unclean foreigner to have all his shots. EEOC has no jurisdiction overseas.

Unless you're senior enough to bid lower-48 only.