Thread: Side Hustle
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
That was going to be my exit plan under the VEOP. It is WAY more work to be a deal sponsor than being a direct owner without partners. The amount of work and added responsibiloty for OPM kept me out of offering syndications. Passive is an awesome way to go for high earning professionals. Sourcing your own deals is more work, but comes with potential for higher returns. It also offers control over timing any refinance activity or exit. You also have 1031 options as an independent owner, syndications almost never have that option.
Very true on the amount of work. Although it seems the majority of the work is at the beginning, setting up your team, systems and processes. After that gets rolling a lot of the workload is on autopilot. One sponsor told me managing a 400 unit apartment building is easier than managing a duplex he had when he first started because the apartment building is has so much scale it pays for the on site maintenance and leasing team. A duplex that responsibility is all you because the scale is so small property management would zap most if not all your cashflow.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk