View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 07:58 AM
ZapBrannigan
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737

Originally Posted by RJSAviator76 View Post
I pull numbers ranging from 130-160 TFP per month and yes, I'm in a cartel which consists of me, myself and I. And no, I don't kill myself working either. I've flown less than 500 block hours this year. Living in base has been the key. Knowledge of the contract, a little bit of analytical ability, a little bit of flexibility, and some seriously idiotic scheduling practices, you don't need to be a rocket scientist or belong to a cartel to get your TFP up.

As to the second part of your post, if we all were to stop picking up OT after furloughs hit the street, watch how fast SWAPA gets hit with a lawsuit being accused of illegal job action and the company will scrape every board, FB page and the internet to prove their case, and they'll succeed too. Why? Because we don't have a moratorium on picking up OT in our contract in case of furloughs. Hence my recommendation for every SWAPA pilot not on ExTO to pay up to 10% in assessment to pay our furloughees up to their guarantee and cover medical insurance for them and their families. Yes, 10% is a big number, but if that's what it takes to take care of our people, so what? That's what Gary was asking for. I trust Gary, the Labor Relations and the middle management at this company to honor their word like I trust tap water in Tijuana.

That assessment would protect our contract, maintain status quo, take care of our people and tell Gary to go pound sand.
It would still keep people on furlough longer than necessary. Every 88 TFP the pilot group flies above average line value is one more person on the street for for more month. I agree that there can't be a concerted effort, and certainly not one orchestrated by SWAPA.

So with furloughs on the horizon, I'll just quietly keep doing what I've always done. Fly my line and enjoy my time at home. It's only money.