View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Bigflya
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

I agree about the companies hiring to save big $$ on labor costs. If US airlines could figure out a way to import and hire cheaper overseas pilots to fly for less then you bet they would. I agree with the contruction example. Contractors charge their customers as if they are paying US labor but actually pay much less and pocket the difference. What makes me ill is name another country where I could move to illegaly, try to work, and protest about my rights, other than the US. We (US citizens) must look like a bunch of jacka$$es to the rest of the world with these illegal labor demonstrations. I also hate the arguement that these are jobs Americans won't do. Well we once did them and at a fair wage. It just proves that across all industries, labor is the one factor that mgmt continues to use as a tool to reduce costs. Automation/technology isn't getting cheaper, neither is natural resources/commodities. Labor is the one true negotiable factor and the airlines and others prove it everyday (ie recent Northwest/Mesaba/Delta/Ford/GM paycuts). They are successfully breaking organized labor and taking the bennies that past generations worked so hard to get. This fact will never end.

Last edited by Bigflya; 05-03-2006 at 07:52 PM.