View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
IntheBiz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: in ramp hell
Default Dear Bigbrownturd

It isnt so much that the airlines' employees we're naive, it was that they were more or less consoling each other over the loss of a family member.
Just as when a relative dies, or a relationship ends, you feel that loss, and the idea that the effort you put in would be something that could have lived on...kinda like our children.

TWA, I believe, failed because of its debt, and where it was based at - St. Louis. A little south-midwestern city that doesnt travel, and when it does it isnt out of the US. I think that might be the place with the most trailer parks I've ever seen. Lets not forget that pension burdens dragged it down too.

You have'nt had to feel that stress because theres really only two cargo airlines like yours, and you all get paid extremely large amounts of money and have security. Yet you all ***** about how life is so hard for you there and you always have to fight management because theyre out to get you!

14 years later, watching this video, I felt the same pain in my throat and my heart as I did the day I pushed my toolbox out of Hanger 19 at Pan AM.
The thought that some of those who have never experienced that sort of loss dissing us is, well, alot like ****ing on their grave. Like, hey, I know you just got divorced, but did you know your wife was balling the neighbor?

Thanks BIGBROWNTURD for telling us that our beloved first jobs at prestigious airlines were doomed to fail. Something that like death, is bound to happen. You made us feel so much better by reminding us.