View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 06:41 PM
Zman81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by PNStoKLIT View Post
Yes, the WARN notices suck. The timing really sucks (before Xmas). But you company haters need to remind yourself of two things:

1. This pandemic created the greatest downturn to the airlines... ever. And hopefully for all time.
2. The company did offer the greatest deal ever offered to any pilot group to help shed numbers (VSP/ExTO)

Now, I don’t think the company will furlough (as long as the vaccine is effective). To those who say this action (sending WARN notices) will forever taint their view of our company: please leave (and help our pilot numbers too). Once the dust settles from this, I don’t want to be flying with SWA haters just because they sent WARN notices in the month of December. Would it have been much better if they were sent in Jan? Be realistic people.

I wasn’t kidding about leaving, please do.
I am not a company hater by any means. But this company official lost me with these WARN letters. This is NOT about a 10% pay cut but the ability to circumnavigate our contract. If there is even a buyout of another airline they could actually use that clause to get around the protections of our own contract on the basis of we really need this airline yadda yadda. I bet your senior enough you are not worried about your job or seat. I hope karma gets you in the future. I will not forget what this company did ever!