View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 09:04 PM
BIGBROWNDC8
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DC-8

Like I said before, this tends to be an emotional subject for the TWA people. I'm not trying to sh1t on anyones grave, If you go back and read my comments and check your emotions at the door, you'd see, I'm not being insensitive or uncaring. I simply made the point that most TWA people think AA was the reason that the airline didn't make it, even the video states that. IMO, you should be glad that AA bought TWA, if they hadn't, the great dynasty of TWA would have been gone sooner than it did... Airlines come and go, Yes, TWA was the last of the classy organizations, but blame Ichan and the ones who followed, not AA.

Also, I don't like the assumptions you make regarding my job. You assume that because I work at UPS, that my life and everything that lead up to me getting here was a walk in the park. Your wrong!!! Another thing, when I came to UPS prior to 9/11, EVERYONE told me I was crazy. So, just because UPS and FedEx appear to be the place to be today, doesn't mean they are great orgs to work at. Yes, my checks are signed every two weeks, but this place is still the same place that 99% of my fellow pilots told me not to come to pre 9/11. Don't get me wrong, I am very lucky and I count my blessings everyday...

Best of luck to you all and believe it or not, I have the greatest amount of respect and admiration for TWA and its awesome workforce...

BBturd as you put it...