Thread: Online colleges
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 07:51 PM
BrazilBusDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by firefighterplt View Post
This...is wrong. All wrong.
That was also my thought. I feel like there’s something the previous commenter forgot to mention that led to all those offers. I’ve worked retail management, been a military officer (not flying), and a pilot. Being a pilot was more different than similar to the other jobs.

Your stereotypical “went straight to aviation college after high school then did CFI and went to a regional” pilots probably by and large don’t have the experience, training, or soft skill set to jump into [insert random reasonably well compensated management job here]. Sure, some folks have that gift and others can fake it til they make it, but that learning curve is steep. I’ve flown with more than a handful of guys that struggle to manage the guy in the seat next to them.

Now that’s a stereotypical path and there’s plenty of ex-military and I’m sure even plenty of career changers/folks that worked their way through college, but it ain’t the aviation management degree and type rating that are making them good candidates. I’m guessing that’s probably the case here.

At any rate, color me skeptical.