View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 08:35 AM
feltf4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Just out of curiosity has anyone maybe step back and looked at recent history.

last time alpa approached us with something it was honestly not terrible, and the possibility of a code share with AA.

In recent news, there was speculation saying that the time period has passed on the AA deal making it approved (I don’t know the logistics of that). Shortly after that news was leaked from a very credible (sarcasm) blogger, the company then requested meetings with ALPA and we got the cryptic message of we talked in a secluded room but can’t tell you about what. Fast forward to last night. When we got another email, with which I see as two good thing, job security and value to our contract. As well as two questionable thing CBA relief (could simply be something to ease up the code share agreement. And voluntary options (maybe 50 hours lines 6/12 months, that everyone on here says they would LOVE but won’t actually take).

just playing devils advocate for a minute. Maybe this ALPA email really is not as bad as anyone thinks. I trust the MEC. I know they value the integrity of the contract so I want to believe that whatever they vote on I would believe to be beneficial to us.