Thread: Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:59 AM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Finessed View Post
I’m willing to bet everything I have there are individuals who’ve interviewed with Delta who were substantially more qualified than I was, I’m not arrogant, welcome to life, you clearly just want a free ride to Delta, good luck with that.

Delta wasn’t my first choice, I didn’t want to commute. I made it all the way through the United interview to the final step, which was the HR portion, received a TBNT letter a week later, welcome to life.

Dream airline was American, did everything I could to get an interview, no call. Welcome to life.

It’s a running joke at mainline when we talk to each other about this subject, it’s rare any of us end up at the airline we want.

Throw your orange lanyards in the garbage, turn your apps in everywhere, and continue building a resume.

I’d love to see more passion from the pilot group on a flow to endeavor through a university, no interview. Since you’re so passionate about “progress”.
Wow, maybe not arrogant? I will certainly question that from your reply though. I also will question your level of reading comprehension. Where in my post did I infer that I wanted a free ride? My post was simply a response to yours that points to the top end of our seniority list having people with bad skeletons. And how did you perceive that I’m “passionate about progress?” Additionally, I’m 61 years old, and I’m also very aware how life works, thank you. Second career for me, and I’m more than happy where I am.