View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by dhc8fo
I am going to be the lone dissenter here and say it can't hurt to try. If you are serious, join Air, Inc and do some mock interviews (the interviewers used to be airline people with specific backgounds at various airlines...that was a long time ago can't say what it is now) and be honest about your background. You have different circumstances than most and there may be nothing wrong with that.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the way you got your time. Most people here don't like it because it is different. There was a guy in my hew hire class way back when with over 3,000 hours (but only a small amount of multi time). He flew single engine pipeline partol and was in his late 30s. He got hired (I was second most senior and had 2,000 hours, and then below us were all the 20 somethings with less than 1,000 hours!). He even got extra training because he wasn't too sharp multi-wise.

Point is, anything is possible. Everyone has a story. Give it a shot, but also consider other avenues, such as corporate. May be a better place for you anyway given your age. Probably will pay better too.

Good luck.
dhc8fo:

I TOTALLY agree with everything you just said. It is refreshing to hear someone, like yourself and others, every now & then give encouraging words to some of the older guys that participate in this forum that are pursuing pilot careers.

Thanks.

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 05-04-2006 at 06:17 AM.