Thread: Capped Res Days
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 01:21 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
This is sort of related to this post. Did anyone else read the scheduling alert from the MEC on payback days? I’m looking to GS over New Years. I’m on reserve DEC and JAN with X days from Dec 27th - Jan 2nd. If I get a GS over New Years what happens with my payback days? At that point do they need to be applied to vacation for 2021 or can I wait until the end of 2021 to drop a trip with one payback day? If I get a 6-day and get 6 payback days, I could theoretically use 6 payback days to drop a 3-day ICN 6x for 13hrs credit x6? New to this game and trying to max out. Any help greatly appreciated.
I can try and answer some. In the case you mention, getting a trip on X days from 27 Dec to 2 Jan, you would get 5 payback days for Dec (27-31 Dec is 5 days). January 1&2 would rollover to your next on call days in January.

Any unused PB days from 2020 become “Supplemental” days and are bid with your vacation. You CAN use them as PB days in the Jan, Feb, Mar time frame. But once the new vacation year starts, They are now part of your vacation and worth what a vacation day is worth.

Technically you could do as you say and drop a trip 5 times and use PB days as you said (in this instance I believe you would have to call crew scheds and do it because the days are now supplemental) but.....when you drop a trip and use PB days to cover it, that time counts towards your total credit for the month. You need to be aware of your Max pickup for a month when you do this because you can screw yourself if not careful.

The Dalpa Scheduling Reference Handbook has a decent explanation of pay back days. You should check that out.

Denny