Thread: MAX

Hedley , 12-21-2020 09:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2020
Quote: I do really like the CRJ-550 as it fixes a lot of the issues with the CRJ-200. Newer, first class and economy plus seats, and WiFi. It burns about 8% more fuel than a CRJ-200, but fuel is cheap, and just a few % revenue premium for having first class and economy plus seats more than make up for it. I’m surprised United hasn’t replaced all the CRJ-200’s with CRJ-550’s.

I do see the CRJ-200 going away in the next few years, but I definitely do not see 50 seat RJ’s going away.
The 550 is a nice 50 seat product. The company has been pretty consistent in their opposition to a new NB fleet type, but we do have max deliveries and assorted used Airbus planes on the way to provide additional lift when demand recovers. If United would convert all of the 700’s, with the increased lift provided by aircraft deliveries we could possibly retire the 200’s and 145’s and be left with a nice product. UAX would have the 550 and the 175’s, while UAL would have to add some pilots to the list. The people currently flying the 50 seaters wouldn’t like that plan though since the number of jobs eliminated would far exceed those created.