View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 04:39 PM
DeltaboundRedux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Enoch Powell Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phins2right View Post
"Dr" Pettit??!?! as in a PhD?? That is not a doctor. Furthermore, a "doctorate" from Humpty-Diddle?!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA<breathe>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How about just a "Delta Air Lines Pilot". That would be all that is required in this case.

This PhD knew her audience (worshipers of the credential mills) and targeted her complaint precisely.

Not going to comment on the merits (don’t wanna get sooo-ed or axed); personal opinion is that the logical fallacy of “Appeal to Authority” has run amuck in the US. I’m far more impressed with a MIT BS engineering grad than I am of ANY non medical PHD, from ANY school.

The case overall is an interesting story of Delta management under oath with transcripts readily available, one of whom is now leading the FAA. Draw your own conclusions; “under oath “ is rather unusual.

(I lean MASSIVELY Big D, but I’m biased as heck)