Thread: Capped Res Days
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
Has anyone had luck swapping a same length trip with open time when coverage is black? I'm trying to swap a 3 day for another 3 day that operates the same days but has a different report and release (not after midnight) than the original trip when coverage is 25 required and 8 available. I know I've done this in the past but the computer won't allow it. There are no conflicts and the rules auditor says OK. Did some thing change in the contract or procedurally with Delta in the last few years?
It should always process the swap. Two things.

1. Are you sure that the trip you are trying to swap for is a true, uncovered trip and not a Q trip?

2. Is the trip truly the same trip length as depicted in icrew? Do NOT trust MiCrew. MiCrew often incorrectly depicts trip length for any trip that releases after midnight. Example: take an ATL-LGA-ATL turn that blocks in at 2345. Add the 30 minute post flight and the trip officially ends at 0015 the next day and will correctly be depicted in icrew as a 2-day. MiCrew however will show it as a 1 day. MiCrew will also incorrectly depict most red-eyes the same way. The only time micrew correctly depicts red-eye trip length is if the final leg departs after midnight local. For any red-eye that departs before midnight, MiCrew incorrectly displays the trip length as one day less than it is contractually.

I actually submitted an FCR about this. Corporate spin reply, so don't expect any programming correction any time soon.