Thread: Side Hustle
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 12:20 PM
Nantonaku
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
​​​​​​There are plenty of great syndicators. Deal terms vary widely and each PPM has different protections for sponsors and investors. I've had good success with a group called Lifestyles Unlimited out of Houston. Don't be afraid of the name, it's not a "lifestyle" group. They have offices in several TX cities as well as a strong presence in other states. The deals are weighted toward the passive investors, with simple fee structures and stabilization requirements before sponsors can raise funds on subsequent deals. Membership is pricey, but well worth it for the networking, deal quality and cost savings on syndication fees.

This may be the most arrogant thing I've said on APC, but here goes. I joined LU after making several million in real estate, because I wanted to network with other millionaires and do large deals with vetted sponsors. It's a humble group of millionaires who openly share their business processes, vendor lists and deal flow. Basic membership is an affordable way to access tons of useful info that is well organized and presented. They will openly admit the info can be found for free if you look for it. The upgraded memberships include more education and access to syndications. I've saved more in sponsor fees due to the deal structures, than I've paid for membership.

*Post loaded with choice-supportive bias and possibly some system justification theory.
I have been following your posts for years and appreciate the information you have provided. Maybe you have posted about this in the past but I can’t remember, what/where/how do you recommend a beginner starts with this kind of investing? Despite reading numerous real estate books the past 20 years and kicking myself for numerous great deals I have passed up I have yet to put any money into anything other than a REIT. The above source seems more geared toward professional investors instead of someone just starting. Also, just curious, do you do this type of investing because you enjoy working with real estate or because you like putting the deals together or what makes someone good at this?