Thread: Capped Res Days
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 03:00 PM
waldo135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
Both. For starters I was able to do a short notice same day for same day 2-day swap last month when we (ATL 320A) were (and still are) critically understaffed. I was surprised no one white slipped it, but no one did, and the swap was granted--exactly as I had hoped.

But reread the SRH, specifically the boldfaced second paragraph under the header The Basics, which states--in boldprint and italics no less--"Days on which A is equal to R do NOT require a day that is worse off with respect to reserve coverage. Note the Thanksgiving/Christmas exception below."

Page 38 in Aerodocs, page 35 on the actual bottom of the page.

In other words, same day for same day swaps will always be granted if legal, because the A and R numbers are unchanged when you swap trips.

Edit: the paragraph below what I posted already explains it even better. "Overlapping days in a SWP...are not considered for purposes of reserves coverage."
The bolded part ONLY applies when the reserves available (A) is exactly the same as reserves required (R), not when the numbers add up to the same. I stand by what I said earlier. Once A is less than R, you have to do the math.