Old 12-28-2020, 06:15 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

I'm glad to see a lot of younger, recent grads from flights schools and junior pilots at regionals weighing in on training. As a graybeard on my way out, I can relate to what I think is relevant to airline ops, at least as my employer does business. Some on here are sons and daughters of professional pilots and I'm sure your parents had similar concerns about the quality and structure of your aviation education. For many of us, we can and will happily pay the (inflated) costs associated with a structured academy training of university aviation program, if we feel it is worth it. What we fear and are trying hard to avoid is not just wasting money on a poorly run/unprofessional flight environment, but the legacy that that type training will cause for our junior aviator.
I was quoted 82 to 85K from one of the academy schools for after PPL to multi/CFI. I'd gladly pay it if I'm sure the product is as professional and well prepared for the airline training (I hope) he will have a chance to experience. I realize it's ultimately about the individual and their wilingness to learn and overcome various problems unique to aviation flight training. I'm will to investigate, ask and see what and how my son would be treated before writing a big check. Up to this point, I've been disappointed in what I've heard and seen.