View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 04:02 AM
Jaww
Rerouted On Weekends

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: 717A

Originally Posted by ppping View Post
Would really like to try a reset but I don’t know if it’s feasible at this point. I would much rather mediate a divorce. I am not looking to screw her or the kids and create an even more toxic relationship post divorce. I only want what’s best for the kids and stability for all.
Fellow military turncoat Delta guy. The military was rough on my marriage. Super rough. Special Ops likes to deploy. It didn’t help my wife was also in and deploying like crazy as well. 5 years at one base we saw each other 10 months. So yeah, I get being gone. We were divorcing amicably with a shared attorney and promised to never use the kids as leverage. Things were ugly but we never threatened the kids against each other. Don’t let this happen.

I hated that woman for a period and couldn’t understand her side. Lots of hanging up on each other (it didn’t help we were doing this while one of us was always deployed). She then came home and said we would give it another chance. I had had enough and volunteered to deploy early to get away. That was a shot across the bow I guess signaling I was truly done because I thought she was truly done. Then I came back, needed to be picked up at the airport so she came. Stupid as this sounds but we started being nice and had one last date night to celebrate our divorce moving forward nicely followed by consensual fun. After letting our guards down i guess we just decided to slowly begin trusting, forgiving, and enjoying each other again. We listened and got things off our chest and things weirdly snapped quickly in the other direction. That attorney still has our divorce money and the paperwork never got filed. Worth it. This long diatribe is just letting you know that others have been there and survived even when it seemed like it was a done deal towards divorce. I’ve been married 16 years now and it’s been 10 since that event. Our marriage did great during COVID because I think we dealt with what you are dealing with and luckily learned how to cope with each other. Don’t be too proud to listen and hopefully she can reciprocate. Good luck man, I empathize big time.