Thread: Recalls
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 05:20 AM
prt135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by IDriveJets View Post
PSA literally had recall letters ready to send out and recalled people before the bill was even signed (despite the delay). It may sound like BS but two of my friends who work there told me the moment they were recalled. Same thing with Piedmont; they recalled the moment an agreement was reached in the government and even gave people lines.

Granted the size of the companies and their flying is different but it’s an insight into their operation based on what American gives them.

I’ll still maintain that from a business/monetary standpoint it makes no sense to recall and spend money tossing people in the sim and pay them to sit at home for 3 months and if the pony is still limping, then they’ll have to furlough again. Don’t forget it’s not just flight crews on furlough.

All this is based on United telling us what flying they need done and Kirby has already said Q1 doesn’t look great and demand doesn’t appear to be coming back anytime soon if at all in Q1.

Recalls in Q2 during spring/spring break? That seems more probable as things tend to pick up then. All this hinges on slowing or curbing the spread of covid, state lockdowns/slowdowns, vaccine distribution, return to consumer confidence and return to spending. This country (if not the world) is going to need ******* surgery to recover from this mess and a lot of post-op care over time.

I think it’s realistic for people to go into 2021 with no expectations or expect the worst and hope for the best. Things won’t change overnight and people have also secured other jobs elsewhere so will they come back? Who knows?
But is PSA sending all those recalled pilots to sims or just putting them back on payroll until March? Hard to see ZW sending all the furloughees to sims. I’m assuming it’s more likely that they’ll just be on payroll, that’s it. Am I wrong?