View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 07:52 PM
ppping
75 most of the time

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 7ER B

Originally Posted by Rowdy320 View Post
I’ve had years listening to my fellow pilots going through this. My heart goes out to you. This was discussed many times on the old dalpa forum and chit chat. The one thing I remember being brought up is about Georgia law. They all tried to get to the viscous divorce attorneys that knew our contract in and out. Once you meet with them, they can’t represent your spouse. It may cost you a few k but may be worth it. Jump on chit chat and ask the question. You will get the attorney names you may need.
I lurk on chit chat also and put it out there. Unfortunately my wife got to a pretty good divorce lawyer before I could pull a block, but good for her. On the positive side this lawyer, in addition to my wife’s friend who is also a lawyer, gave her the same advice that she isn’t going to get as much as she was hoping for ie everything and her lifestyle doesn’t change. Nobody is winning in a divorce. I feel for her, We had big dreams and those have changed. It’s sucks but it will be better than what was and who knows what the future holds.