View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:09 PM
pangolin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
I’m fairly senior at a legacy. I don’t know about Delta, but our union wants to only tighten scope. The company came to us with the offer for more pay and additional current NB aircraft orders rather than the requirement to buy another fleet type in exchange for more rj’s. We told them to pound sand. Scope is the big issue that held up our contract negotiations before COVID hit. On the 777, most everyone was too senior to be negatively affected by allowing more rj’s, but here the practically unanimous concessions was that the company doesn’t get one more big rj unless they buy another fleet type, or if we fly them. At Delta, the 50 seater is dead and the company has a better product due to the additional 175’s that were allowed from bringing on the 717, and now the far superior A220. As our 50 seaters go away, Kirby can either replace that with additional 737/320’s, or buy another fleet type and unlock additional 76 seaters just like Delta did. He has his options, he doesn’t like them, but we are not negotiating relaxing scope.
Just talking out of my ass here but what new NB would qualify that would work? Airbus can’t build enough 220s.