Thread: Should I leave?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:44 PM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Fair enough. In my opinion going left seat Is just for the money. It depends on the personality too, some FOs would rather take the first upgrade at the worst base on reserve because they can’t handle not being in control. I’ve always got along with everyone. The guy on the left seat might be strange but they do have more experience than you on that plane. If he takes out a hoagie in front of the FAA, more power to him . This mentality makes for a much smoother and less stressful 4 day.
Money is nice, don’t get me wrong. I tend to get along with everyone I fly with well. But it’s another thing when stuff start to hit the fan and the CA you are flying with starts become weird.

At least when stuff hits the fan, if I don’t handle a situation well or become weird. I have myself to blame and I can control that.......

Its not about wanting to control everything..... Actually those type of folks are the worst to fly with. I tried to empower my crew members to be actively be there involved in the decision making process. I enjoyed my time a CA more so than as a FO.

The whole upgrade early as possible to the worst base/plane was just taking advantage of the opportunity so that I can out from the regional game. So far, it has worked for me.