Thread: C5 expanding?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 11:21 AM
falconkidding
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by tothebigblue View Post
We can thank the ASA rejects for that one...their sick calls drove our planes to go to skywest. I blame all our short comings and losses on those whiny bastards. I bet UAL selected commutair because of them too. They knew XJT wasnt going to be able to get rid of the lead weights unless they fired them, and they couldn't. So congrats to the lifers at ASA...you were always the thorn in our side. Advise EVERYONE at C5 to avoid hiring anyone with 'ASA' in their resume.
Or blame the company for dragging their feet on contract negotiations. XJT rushed to sign a deal so we could get sold to manair/ual with the idea that we'd work out the fine stuff later. Company literally was like what letter 2... I never even heard of it... Then wouldn't even meet about it for months and it wasn't until summer 19 when recruiting fell off that they actually realized he we're gonna have to do something to get guys here and started working on something fall of 19. We had almost 300 qualified 175 people our CCF never fell below goal, and we never heard from the company about sick calls. No email from the chiefs etc.

We lost the 175 cause from a mgmt perspective it made sense. TSA was imploding we could absorb TSA and C5 who could barely staff 35 of 60 promised 145s and become a near200 aircraft fleet (straight from the MEC email about the agreement in principle right before covid). Short sighted from xjt mgmt but then they are literally just UAL instruments "mutually agreed shutdown".