View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 05:06 PM
CGfalconHerc
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: DAL A320 CA

Originally Posted by ppping View Post
It completely blows. By being forced to step back I have realized how unhappy I was in the marriage. We tried and tried but it just didn’t work for anybody. The future will be better but the now sucks, it’s draining and it’s about to get really freaking expensive (some lawyers are up to $600 an hour nevermind the splitting of assets) It’s only money and it’s sad the kids are going to have to witness it and their world will change. It already has.
i know it’s going to get better in time. It can’t be any worse than the past. Lots of buddies have come out of the woodwork and this forum has been great.

So far zoom has been great for working with lawyers and it kills time on Cali layovers! I am sure I will have to use the CPO when mediation/court necessitates it.

It’s going to get better.
Sorry you have to go thru this. My Ex divorced me after 24 yrs..which were all good until the last 2. If you realize the marriage is over..the only winning move is not to play. I recommend mediation..and support her and the kids. In the end..it will be cheaper than paying $100k to a lawyer and have your kids turned against you. Let her go..pay the price..and be there for the kids. Hopefully..when they're adults..they'll realize your sacrifice for their benefit.

Good luck..and you have lots of bubbas that have been there before you..dont hesitate to reach out.

CG