View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by Flydafe View Post
thank you for the information. I have never been deployed. How are the long trips configured? Do you spend a lot of time flying or is it long days of rest between hauls?
I’m not with an ACMI company anymore, but our trips were typically around 16 days. The trips are hit or miss, and your schedule isn’t worth the paper it is printed on other than the footprint. Sometimes you fly more and actually break guarantee, sometimes you sit for days. You are going to have to have a different mindset. You are not there to build time, they have you for a given block of days, and you should expect your schedule to change as the trip progresses. Life on the 767 is different than that on the 747 from what I understand, but you’ll need a more qualified answer from someone currently working there.

Also consider the labor relations history at Atlas. The management is working off of the Lorenzo playbook and has no intentions of changing. Contract negotiations get delayed for years, they have filed lawsuits against the pilots, and there is a reason that they couldn’t come close to filling a class prior to COVID. Now that the market is flooded with people looking for work, don’t expect a contract anytime soon. I don’t know your situation. If you’re on the street, take the job. If you are a senior regional captain on a 175 with young kids, do your homework.