Old 01-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Crockrocket95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Ah.

Again, Why are these charter operators not buying these guys positive space tickets to the airplane?

Scenario.
So I am assigned to an airplane that is in Dallas. But I live in Seattle. Its currently the 31st of the month. The company says "Get to Dallas on the 1st". I look at tickets on Delta but oh damn, they are $799. One way. And thats Economy. So I hop on jumphub. Oh look, a CL350 is heading from BFI to DAL in 7 hours! Sweet. I coordinate it all up and drive to BFI. Get to the FBO and the plane departed 2 hours ago to VNY to head to TEB. DAMN! So now I go back to SEA to try to get on the Delta flight which is now $1200 one way. But oh wait! I have a jumphub app and I say "hey I can just hop on Delta to work!" But oh wait, Im not cockpit authorized and the flight has 30 non revs listed. And Delta wouldn't join Jumpnet. I can't afford the $1200 ticket because my monthly take-home is 1200 after taxes. I call my company scheduling and say I can't make the report time for the flight. They say " Oh too bad. Enjoy your time off. With no pay".
I cry. I apply at Starbucks again.

Sooo.

Sounds like an "interesting" operation...